The definition of the word "pain" Differs from one person to another. There are many causes of tooth pain, all annoying. But in general, the more the person concerns with healthcare of his teeth, the less likely a pain. the main reason of toothache is a deep dental cares or gum disease. The proper healthcare of your teeth will avoid dental cares and gum infections and that will help you avoid the pain. The best way to identify the cause of the pain is knowing the type of tooth pain and its severity.
What are the causes of acute toothache?
1. Pain when eating food or drinks cold or hot or sugary:
2. Severe pain without any cause or acute pain during sleep:
Treatment depends on the extent of dental cares. If it is widespread and has damaged a large portion of the tooth structure, then the solution is to extract the tooth. If the tooth is restorable then the best way is root canal treatment
3. Acute pain when chewing ( on occlusion of teeth ):
- Pain may be caused of :
- Pain may be relieved by : Either root canal treatment or extraction of tooth.
4. Severe pain when brushing teeth:
- With the deteriorating of the health condition of the gums due to negligence or because of age, the gum recedes revealing the sensitive teeth roots. Touching brush to these roots or touching the inflamed gums will cause tooth ache.
- If the pain is a result of gum disease, then treatment begins by cleaning it at the dentist and follow his instructions. But If the pain is due to a contact of the rush to the sensitive tooth roots, then the use of special toothpaste for sensitive teeth for a week at least is enough to solve the problem. See your dentist to find out the best toothpaste for your condition.
At any stage of tooth pain I have to visit the dentist?
You should consult your dentist as soon as possible when:
The medical examination and then provide appropriate treatment for your condition are of high significance to avoid the spread of tooth pain to other parts of your face and your head or it may spread to move through the circulatory system.
What happens during a visit to the dentist?
your dentist will seek to get your previous medical file, you will also be subject to a thorough medical examination. Your doctor will ask you some questions about your teeth and pain, such as:
Your dentist will examine each of:
Then the dentist may perform an X-Ray to further make a differential diagnosis for the cause of pain . then he will give the appropriate treatment for the pain.
How to avoid tooth ache?
Since most tooth pain results from decay or gum disease, you follow the instructions for oral and dental hygiene which will have a great role in reducing the risk of tooth ache. These habits include:
In addition to these healthy habits, you must reduce sugary foods ask your dentist about the best types of treatment with fluoride. You can also refer to the section on how to avoid tooth decay , assisted with animated slide show that explains the proper way to brush your teeth and floss.